Monday, November 30, 2009
Fondest memories
It seems just like yesterday you and I were sitting on the porch of my parents house talking. Neither of us could have guessed that your life would have been cut so short. You were there for me when I felt like no one else was. You were my boyfriend at one time and that relationship grew into a friendship unlike no other. I remember the very first time that I met you. Even though we went to the same school and had for two years I had no idea who you were. We met at the Corner Pocket so many years ago. I pretended like I didn't know what I was doing and you showed me how to "play" pool. You were never without a smile and you always knew how to make me smile. Sometime you were a little embarrassing. Like the time that you decided to arm wrestle my little brother at the journalism banquetm but looking back I have to smile because you always knew how to turn a situtaion around and you always, always knew how to make me laugh. You have been gone for over 7 years now and evryday I wonder what would you be doing now if you were alive. Where would you be? Would I still be able to pick up the phone and talk to you? Would you still be able to make me laugh? I still haven't been to the place where your ashes are interned. I didn't go to your funeral. I was never ready to say goodbye to you. Will I ever be? Will I ever be able to let you go? Who knows. You come to me in my dreams, but you don't say much and when I wake up I feel like I have lost you all over again. Ryan I will always miss you and one of these days I will see you again and we can catch up. You were my best friend and I will never forget that friendship.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment