Thursday, January 7, 2010

Who would have thought

I never imagined that I would be living in Michigan. If someone had asked me to name a state that I thought I would live in Michigan would never have been a choice. When I was in high school my dream was to always live in Washington DC. I told anyone that I met that that was were I intended on making my home. I got my wish. For three years I got my wish. I must admit it wasn't always happy times, but I did make some friendships that lasted. Even the unhappy times I don't regret. I still love the area, but there are just too many people in that area for me. It is a nice place to visit but I really don't think I will ever live there again.
Every time that I go before my committee they always ask me where do you see yourself in 10 years. I always have a problem with this answer because I don;t even know where I see myself in a year from know. I know and hope that I will be where I am physically. Spiritual I hope that I have grown more. Two years from now I hope to have returned to Oklahoma, but I have no idea where I will be.
I have enjoyed my first six months here in Mihigan despite the snow. Although I do not want to settle in this area forever I am thankful that I got the chance to have this experiance....

No comments:

Post a Comment