Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Seriously Winter Go Away

When I was a kid living in Oklahoma I used to love the snow. I would see these places in the North on TV where snow was a constant and on the ground continuously and think wow that would be so cool if we had snow like that. You see for you people that don't live in Oklahoma or anywhere in the vicinity, yes we do get snow, but usually it is gone within a few days. We get more ice than snow and that usually lasts longer and causes a lot more damage. I can even remember the time when we had about 5 inches of snow and on top of that snow we had about two inches of ice. So yes we do get snow, but I digress. Oh boy was I ever wrong.

I have lived up north now for almost 4 years. Granted that Ohio is not nearly as bad as Michigan when it comes to the winter months, but they are both pretty bad. The thing is that these areas have the equipment to treat the roads, and most of the people up this way know how to drive on snow, or at least most think they do. For people like me this causes a problem. When I lived in Oklahoma I never ever ever drove when they said that there was going to be snow or ice. I always had a dad or a granddad or even a brother that drove me where I needed to go and when I didn't need to go anywhere I didn't go. This being said I have learned to drive on the snow, of course I already knew how thanks to my granddad and my dad, but I feel more comfortable doing so.

Today, the 30th day of March we were sitting in class and the prof opened the blinds there was a couple of inches on the ground and it was still coming down. Seriously, I thought Spring happened on the 21st or something, but no it is still winter. I have come to the conclusion that I want winter to be over and spring to be here. I am tired of being cold and I am tired of having to plow my driveway and I am tired of it all. SO Seriously Winter Go AWAY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment