Friday, June 28, 2013
Bustin' Rocks
Today is Friday, my second day working with concrete, pouring a new sidewalk for the school. This involves a lot of shoveling gravel and sand and working with Julio, the mason. This is my third day with the Mission Team, as the newcomer to the group I have felt the presence of the Lord in everyone here. The mixing of personalities in the group is very much akin to the concrete in the mixer. We have the workers as the gravel, providing the strength; the coordinators as the cement mix, the glue bringing the trip and the workers together, and God, the Living Water, without Him, we are just a big mess of dust. All together this team will make a strong and lasting impression here.
Also today, the schoolchildren had a special program as part of their Teacher Appreciation Day. The girls were dressed in native costumes and were performing special dances to music. After this, all the children lined up and hugged the teachers. As the children finished the lineup, some of them came over to where we were and hugged us too. I personally felt the very presence of Jesus in these children. Two small girls smiled at me, and even though I had been working in the concrete and was ver dirty and sweaty, they hugged me too. Truly I am blessed to be here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment